History

History of the IHLP

 

The InterHospital Laboratory Partnership (IHLP) was first conceived in 1959 under the name InterHospital Laboratory Services (IHLS). It consisted of a solo pathologist and 4 hospital labs.

 

By mid-1960-1995 there were 14 hospital labs within the IHLS. In 1986, regional funding was provided for the lab program to supplement 1 Regional Coordinator, 1 Regional Assistant and 1 Pathologist.

 

The IHLP became a formalized partnership in 1996 with 11 member hospital laboratories. Groves Memorial Community Hospital was the latest addition in April 2011.